CORNMEAL PIES WITH FLAVORED SAFFRON CREAM AND RASPBERRIES
With the arrival of summer, we are always looking for fresh and easy to prepare recipes. Fruit pies are a great idea for a delicious meal or to brighten up your summer snacks!
Prodotti del Contino offers you a recipe that perfectly combines the crunchy texture of corn flour, the intense flavor of our pistills of saffron and the sour taste of raspberries.
DIFFICULTY: simple | PREPARATION TIME: approximately 25 minutes (plus shortcut pastry rest) | COOKING: 15 minutes circa
Ingredients for the preparation of corn short pastry:
- 300 gr of 00 flour
- 200 grams of corn flour
- 200 grams of sugar
- 300 grams of butter
- 3 eggs (2 egg yolks and 1 whole)
Ingredients for the preparation of saffron custard:
- 350 grams of fresh milk
- 150 grams of fresh cream
- 300 grams of whole eggs
- 100 grams of sugar + 100 grams for caramel
- 40 grams maizena
- 15/20 saffron pistils
- Put the saffron pistils in a cup with a little hot water and let it rest for about 40 minutes;
- In an adequately sized bowl, work the butter and sugar, add the 00 flour and the corn flour and finally the eggs; form a loaf of pastry and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for about an hour;
- Prepare the custard boiling cream and milk; in a bowl combine eggs, sugar and cornstarch and once obtained a homogeneous mixture, pour slowly into hot milk over the fire, taking care to mix well;
- Pour the sugar for caramel into a saucepan, add the water and cook over medium-low heat until the mixture is boiled and the water has evaporated;
- Combine the caramel and saffron with the freshly prepared custard;
- Cover the molds with the pastry and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 15 minutes;
- Allow the pastry to cool and garnish with custard and raspberries.
Let yourself be enchanted by the perfect harmony of taste and share your sweet creations with us!
Enjoy your meal!