Baked rice rissole with saffron aroma and cornmeal
Who can resist to a delicious dish of rissole? Fried, baked, stuffed with meat, vegetal or served as a dessert, the rissole are a very versatile dish that can be adapted to any occasion!
Prodotti del Contino wants to offer you its variant: baking, crispy breading of corn and very fragrant saffron filling. Ideal as an appetizer, finger food or first course, they also allow you to reuse the advanced risotto the day before and are a perfect gluten free dish!
DIFFICULTY: simple | PREPARATION TIME: approximately 20 minutes | COOKING: about 15 minutes
Ingredients for about 4 people:
- 15/20 saffron pistils
- 280 gr of Carnaroli rice of Prodotti del Contino , or advanced saffon risotto
- 1 large egg
- 40 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Prodotti del Contino cornmeal flour for mixing and breading
- Salt to taste
- Basil for garnish
- Tomato sauce to taste
- Prepare the saffron risotto (this previous recipe can be of help for the less experienced); let it cool
- In a bowl add the risotto, egg, parmesan and a tablespoon of corn flour; mix everything with your hands until the mixture is well blended;
- Form balls of the desired size, preferably the size of a golf ball;
- Flour the meatballs well, rolling them one by one in the corn flour;
- Place the rissole in a baking dish with parchment paper, being careful to space them adequately;
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes, until the meatballs are golden brown;
- Heat the tomato sauce in a pot of suitable size, adding salt and extra virgin olive oil; once the desired temperature is reached turn off the heat and add the basil.
Your rissole are ready to be served on a delicate bed of sauce! If you wish, you can add a little sprinkling of Parmesan. With the Contino meatballs, taste, authenticity and conviviality are guaranteed!