CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CORN FLOUR AND SAFFRON AROMA
Mother’s Day is almost upon us and with it the need to find a new, special and tasty recipe with which surprise and delight those who take care of us every day.
Prodotti del Contino has selected for you a sweet and alternative recipe with an unmistakable taste: the chocolate cake with corn flour and saffron aroma is a soft cake with a sweet aromatic taste, prepared with local and genuine ingredients.
DIFFICULTY: easy | PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes (plus rest time) | COOKING: 40 minutes circa
Ingredients for chocolate cake:
- 200 gr of dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 180 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Contino saffron pistils
- 100 gr of Contino Corn Flour
- 100 gr almond flour
- 100 ml of water
- Put the saffron stigmas in a cup with a little hot water and leave to rest for about 40 minutes;
- In a saucepan of adequate capacity bring the water to boil; pour cornmeal by mixing to avoid the formation of lumps, add the contents of the saffron cup and once mixed the mixture let stand for 1 hour so that the flour absorbs the liquid;
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites; whisk the egg whites and let them rest in the refrigerator;
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie;
- Once the chocolate has cooled, add the egg yolks and then the almond flour, corn flour and egg whites; stir until the mixture is well blended;
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking sheet lined with kitchen paper;
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 160 ° C and continue cooking for about 30 minutes.