BARS OF KRISPIE RICE WITH ACCOMPANIMENT OF SAFFRON-FLAVORED CARAMEL
Preparing the products we consume at home can be laborious, but it allows us to be sure of the genuiness of the ingredients used and gives us the possibility to customize the dishes according to our tastes and needs.
An example is the laborious but equally satisfying preparation of krispie rice: a food usually purchased in an industrial version which, however, can be prepared at home by following a few simple steps.
Krispie rice is a particularly versatile food, suitable for any time of day.
Contino proposes a sweet version, accompanied by caramel flavored with saffron; a real taste explosion!
NOTE: krispie rice will need a full day of rest; it is advisable to prepare it one day in advance.
DIFFICULTY: medium | PREPARATION TIME: approximately 30 minutes (+ puffed rice resting time) | COOKING: 15 minutes
Ingredients for the preparation of 4/5 portions:
- 300 gr of Contino’s Carnaroli rice
- 190 gr of cane sugar
- 60 grams of honey with saffron
- 1 teaspoon of saffron pistils
- 2 tablespoons of water
How to prepare krispie rice:
- Rinse the rice several times until the water is clear;
- Pour the rice into a saucepan with plenty of boiling water and a pinch of sugar; let cook for about 30 minutes until the liquid is completely absorbed (for those who have availability it will be possible to use a steam);
- Drain the rice grains and spread them on a sheet of parchment paper to form a thin layer; let the rice dry for a whole day or alternatively for 5 hours in the oven at 50 ° C.
Preparation of krispie rice bars:
- Melt 90 grams of sugar and honey over medium heat, without caramelizing, until the mixture is well blended;
- Pour the krispie rice into a bowl of adequate capacity and add the sugar and honey mixture; stir until the rice is well coated;
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and level the surface;
- Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes;
- Serve the krispie rice into cubes or bars.
How to prepare saffron caramel:
- Put the saffron stigmas in a little cup with a little hot water and let it rest for about 40 minutes;
- Pour 100 grams of sugar and water into a saucepan;
- Allow the sugar to dissolve without stirring until it has taken on an amber color; add the contents of the cup with saffron stigmas.
The krispie rice bars will have a sweet and refined taste, ideal for a gourmet break or an alternative meal end.
The flavored caramel accompaniment will give your dish an additional and irresistible touch of sweetness; use a sauce boat to dose the sauce to taste.