PLUM CAKES “AMOR DI POLENTA” WITH SWEET SAFFRON SAUCE
“Amor di Polenta” is a dessert of poor origins typical of Lombardy, prepared mainly with corn flour, very delicate and quick to prepare.
Il Contino wants to offer you its reinterpretation of “Amor di Polenta”, accompanied by a delicious spicy sauce, designed to be served in practical single portions ideal as a dessert at the end of the meal or as a snack.
The sweet and rustic taste of this cake will be able to take you back in time and let you taste the authenticity of the Italian tradition.
DIFFICULTY: easy | PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes | COOKING: 40 minutes
Ingredients for the preparation of plum cakes for 6 people:
- 100 gr of Corn flour from Contino
- 100 gr Almond flour
- 60 gr Flour 00
- 130 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 gr baking powder for cakes
- Vanilla q.b.
Ingredients for preparing sweet saffron sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of saffron pistils
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of whole milk
- 150 grams of fresh cream
How to prepare plum cakes:
- Soften the butter and sugar using a wooden spoon or electric whisk;
- Once you have a creamy mixture, add the eggs and whisk until smooth;
- Add vanilla and yeast while stirring;
- Add the cornmeal, 00 flour and almond flour to the mixture; mix well;
- Butter the molds and pour the mixture, making sure to level the surface:
- Bake in a preheated oven to 150 ° C for about 35 minutes;
- Once the plum cakes is finished, remove the molds and let them cool;
How to prepare the sweet saffron sauce:
- Put the saffron stigmas in a cup with a little hot water and leave to rest for about 40 minutes;
- Beat the yolk with the sugar using a fork;
- Slowly add the cream and milk at room temperature to the previous mixture;
- Cook the mixture over low heat until it has thickened;
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the saffron; mix vigorously to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Serve the plum cakes accompanied by the saffron sauce.
The sweet delicacy of the “Amor di Polenta” plum cakes soaked in the tasty sauce will enchant every palate!