RISOTTO APPLES AND SAFFRON
Risotto is a typical dish of the Italian tradition, which however is suitable to be revisited in hundreds of creative variations.
Contino reccomend a delicious Carnaroli 100% made in Italy with Saffron link and Apples!
The intense flavor of saffron pistils and the sweet and sugary flavor of Fuji apples will create a unexpected deliciously contrast, which will make your dish refined and irresistible.
DIFFICULTY: easy | PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes | COOKING: 20 minutes
Ingredients for a risotto for 4 people:
- 400 grams of Carnaroli rice
- 2 Fuji apples
- 1 tablespoon of saffron pistils
- 100 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 40 grams of butter
- Vegetable soup
- Salt to taste
- Put the saffron stigmas in a cup with a little hot water and leave to rest for about 40 minutes;
- Wash the apples, peel them and cut them into cubes;
- Put the butter and apples in a saucepan, let it brown and then add the rice;
- Toast the rice over high heat and then blend with the vegetable broth until cooked;
- Combine the contents of the cup with the stigmas and blend one last time with the broth;
- When cooked, add the Parmesan and a knob of butter; stir well;
- Serve with a “coppapasta”.